[C38] tide reversals in SFB

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Mon Aug 3 16:33:22 EDT 2015

Michelle: Great story, and sorry about your tangle. We had 4 reversals
during a night anchored at China Cove of Angel Island. The GPS alarm
awoke me for the first two, and I happened to awake during the third,
about 4 am. The final reversal came during morning coffee. No anchor
drags, we were lucky.
SFB tidal currents are wicked.
Don, C38 Discreet Charm, Emery Cove

On 8/2/15 11:53 AM, Michelle wrote:
>> We anchored out last night in the San Pablo Bay muck in the lovely general anchorage outside McNear's Beach, China Camp State Park, Marin County, CA with a 33lb claw anchor with 25' chain and 110' of rope rode. Twice in the night (once around 00:30 ~3 hours after setting anchor and 2hrs to high tide, the other this morning around 8:30a) Dulcinea had spun herself and wrapped her ground tackle around her keel and dragged anchor. It was no fun trying to undo the mess, twice. Thankfully we have a backup danforth that we dropped to slow the drag and give us time and slack on the primary tackle to untangle the keel.
>>
>> Anyone have this happen to them? Any thoughts? We've never had this happen to us on our other boat.
>>
>> :)
>> MD
>>
>> Michelle Diaz, BSN, RN
>> C38 Dulcinea #110