[C38] Asymmetrical Sails

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Tue Aug 11 16:51:18 EDT 2015

We do both, run a line from  the cockpit up to a block on the roller
similar  to a roller furler, I have a stopper mounted to the toe rail
near the cockpit.   We  have tacked it directly to the line, or the line
to the pole.   I  have developed a sneaking suspicion that symmetrical
spinnakers move the  boat better.   We have used Asyms in light to 25,
have an A2, A3 and A4.   We use  a light #1 from 2-10, and a drifter
below 2

Steve

Peregrine #312

Seattle