[C38] fuel problem

1derful at comcast.net 1derful at comcast.net
Mon Aug 22 00:14:33 EDT 2016

100 yards from slip "Blue Eyes" engine sputtered then quit.  I started her 3 time and she lasted about 30 second. My mate wisely said,"Is she out of fuel?" Gauge was on "E."  Fortunately I had 5 gallons of diesel.  This addition hasn't led to her starting.  I unscrewed the air bleeds to the cylinder.  No fuel.  The fuel pump makes noise so I assume she works.  I removed the top of the fuel filter.............canister was low.  Turning on the accessory switch filled the fuel filter but fuel still doesn't get to the air bleeds at the cylinders.
Any thoughts?

Patrick