[C38] Bedding deck hardware

Daniel Haughey djphawk at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 14:51:23 EDT 2016

It is really difficult to remove plywood core.  I used the method outlined on compass Marine's how to site.
I used the dremel bits he suggested but, it was still hard to remove plywood core.  I did the best I could, sealed the end grain with epoxy, redrilled, countersink and used the butyl that compass sells as bedding material.
The article sold me and I bed all my hardware that way.
Just Google compass marine bedding hardware.  If you have trouble I'll send a link.
Danny
llsnt from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Marc-Andrea Klimaschewski<marcklim at outlook.com> wrote:   Hi folks,

I need to install some new hardware on the deck (cleats, clip in points,
etc). It looks like the core on the Catalina 38 is plywood.

When you bed your hardware, how do you do it?
- Do you drill oversized holes and then epoxy them and drill the real ones?
- Do you removed core before filling the holes with epoxy? If so, how?
- Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot
marc