[C38] Prop size and repowerd

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Thu May 12 17:34:28 EDT 2016

Make sure to consult with the prop manufacturer and engine manufacturer to size your engine correctly,  Diesels like to run hot, somewhere in the 75-80% max rpm range.   Anything less and you actually are harming the engine by allowing the cylinders to glaze.   Beta, Westerbeke Im sure have the people to work with you on hull speed, displacement, horse power and prop issues.

Steve