[C38] water in my bilge

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Thu Jul 7 17:31:53 EDT 2016

Check your stuffing box on the rudder and the shaft,  depending on the type of seal you have.  If you have a dripless shaft seal it might have become loose and slid out of the compressed state.  On the rudder if your subject to wave action at your mooring every time the stern goes up and down it could be taking on water from there as well.   Rain almost could be suspect, not sure where it comes in but after a good rain my bilge is full.