[C38] fuel problem

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Mon Aug 22 14:33:51 EDT 2016

You might have a wad of goo in the bottom of the tank. To test this,
disconnect the fuel line near to the tank. Connect a long, clear
neoprene tube to the fuel line, make a loop in the neoprene tube so you
can see the fuel coming out soon enough to stop sucking. Suck on the
neoprene tube, a bit. If nothing comes, it could mean a wad of goo in
the tank is blocking fuel flow. If nothing when sucking, blow on the
tube; you might dislodge the wad blocking the pickup. If blowing were to
displace the wad of goo, you might be able to suck fuel out easily. If
symptoms of goo wad, drain tank, remove inspection plate, and clean tank.

On 8/22/16 11:24 AM, 1derful at comcast.net wrote:

> Thanks

Donald R. Strong
Professor,