[C38] Window replacement. Thanks!

William Knowles whk1965 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 10:06:42 EDT 2016

Here is an update on our window project. There are two ports to go one in
the head and one across. We were selling our house and preparing to move
back to Cleveland so the project is a little slow. Here are some things we
learned. Some of the old ports came out easy some not so much. Be prepared
a vibrating power cutter scrapper is a great help. On the first two we did
not use enough adhesive one leaked slightly but easy fix with a small bead.
These ports did stick and stay in place better than the ones where we put
the correct amount, tended to slid down and move around even when taped in
place. One corner did lift and had to be filled to stop leaks. One other
thing it was very hot when we installed and the adhesive was very thin,
this fact may have contributed to the moving and lack of tack. Last thing
our cut outs were very erratic and one the inside frame just barely covers
the hole not the frames fault, rest were fine. I would do it again the boat
looks great even though one port is a little off (low) realy can't see it
unless you are looking for it. Hope this helps.

W H Knowles