[C38] moving boat

Charles Finn Charles at finn.ws
Mon Oct 3 15:51:40 EDT 2016

Bill,

I have traveled from northern NY to Lake Erie via the Erie Canal.  You
put your mast on the deck and motor along a safe and scenic route past
Buffalo, NY.  Pretty easy and relatively inexpensive.  Your cost is
really time and fuel.  It isn't pushing to make 60 miles a day.  I will
be making this trip to Bayfield, WI on Lake Superior in 2018.

You would take the Hudson River up to Albany and then onto the canals.

Best,

Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn #114
Great Lakes