[C38] Starter battery: How many CCA/MCA?

littlebreeze littlebreeze at comcast.net
Wed Jan 24 22:09:08 EST 2018

Hey Marc, Sorry cant be of much help, I run a group 27 also.  Never thought of buying anything smaller, even after switching to a gear reduction starter.  Which, by the way is well worth it.  No one was answering, so I thought I'd throw in my thoughts.
Kerry GrimesLittle Breeze, 139

Loyalty above all else, except honor.
-------- Original message --------From: Marc-Andrea Klimaschewski <marcklim at outlook.com> Date: 1/24/18  10:05  (GMT-08:00) To: listserve at catalina38.org Subject: [C38] Starter battery: How many CCA/MCA?

Hi all,

I need to replace the starter battery on Image. Do you know how many Cold Cranking Amps or Marine Cranking amps are required? The previous battery was a Group 27 with 600 CCA, I am wondering if I can get away with a Group 24 this time.
 The engine is the standard Universal 5424.

Thanks
marc