[C38] removing holding tank

charles charles at finn.ws
Sun Jul 29 13:55:48 EDT 2018

Pump out first with multiple refills with fresh water down pump out hole.  Pump bilge as dry as possible.   Remove hoses. Remove tank. Wear double gloves and old clothes.  Do NOT try to patch tank! Get a new one.Have a really not so nice day!
You should also replace the big hose going from head to tank as they become impregnated with stink.
Chuck Finn Mighty Quinn Lake Erie

-------- Original message --------From: 1derful at comcast.net Date: 7/29/18  12:56 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Catalina <listserve at catalina.org>, Catalina <listserve at catalina38.org> Subject: [C38] removing holding tank
Mariners,
Have any one of you had "joy" of removing holding tank?
I seem to have a leak under mine and in order to remove it appears I may have to remove large plastic nut at the bottom of tank.  Removing seems difficult.  Replacing will be even worse.
Maybe I need a Pot-A-Potty.LOL
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Patrick
Blue Eyes