[C38] Crusader (C38) for sale

Bruce Liese BLIESE at kumc.edu
Sat Oct 20 15:31:37 EDT 2018

Hello all,

We live in Kansas and own a 1980 Catalina 38 (s/v Crusader; #53) in San Diego.

We have loved and taken amazing care of Crusader for years, but recently purchased a Catalina 380, so now it's time to sell her and get back to being a one-boat family.

My wife and I own a sailboat dealership in Kansas and have therefore been able to take great care of Crusader over the years. We have replaced many systems on her, just because we could. For example, we:

  *   replaced all of the standing rigging and lifelines a few years ago
  *   installed a Harken furler
  *   installed a DC charging system
  *   replaced the old running lights with LCD lights
  *   replaced the cold plate in the refrigerator
  *   replaced all pumps (e.g., fresh water, macerator)
  *   installed new AM/FM and VHF radio
  *   have regularly had the fuel system cleaned, the tank polished, etc.
  *   regularly changed the oil and filters
  *   and much more...

We did most of this work so we could always rely on her when coming to California (from Kansas) to visit our children. In fact we always stayed on her while there and found her to be as welcoming and comfortable as being in our own home.

I also want to mention something that all C38 owners can say: she's the easiest keelboat I've ever sailed, even single-handedly!

Here's the listing for Crusader:

http://www.yachtfindersbrokerage.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?slim=broker&boat_id=3468192&checked_boats=3468192&hosturl=yachtfinders&&ywo=yachtfinders&&ybw=&units=Feet&access=Public&listing_id=1634&url=

We are willing to consider all reasonable offers, because it's expensive owning two boats and renting a second slip.

Hope to hear from you soon!