[C38] Starter battery: How many CCA/MCA?

David Epstein davidepstein at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 25 02:37:23 EST 2018

Marc,

If the battery is dedicated to starting, I suggest you get a battery
that is designed for that purpose.   The ideal setup for a C38 (IMO)
is two large, deep cycle "house" batteries, and a dedicated starting
battery.   Your charger should support three batteries without having
to combine them with switching.  The starting battery can be a much
smaller battery with a CCA rating that is higher than Group 27
batteries, instead of a deep cycle version, which is not ideal for
engine starting.   The proper tool for the job.

David
Former owner, SuperStar

At 09:07 PM 1/24/2018, you wrote:

>boundary="_000_5E287076637172448BD0938E09DDEB48E7E69DDARAINEX14Mlocal_"
>
>Marc, go with the larger battery, it may weigh a few more pounds,
>BUT you always want it to work when you need it, nothing worse than
>listening to it crank when you need to get clear of something.

David Epstein
Audio Video Consultation & Services
Phone: 310.308.3083
Mail to: 3826 Grand View Blvd. #66336, Los Angeles, CA 90066
Ship to: 11671 National Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90064

DavidEpstein at earthlink.net
Board Member, CTA TechHome Division
www.cta.tech (formerly CEA)