[C38] head plumbing

Donald Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 26 19:26:07 EDT 2018

I installed a vented loop for head intake on Discreet Charm after a
flooding incident. The intake is amidships beneath the vee birth, as per
everyone else's in response to this query.

The holding tank is below the forward seat of the dinette. I pump out with
the suction device at the service dock in Emery Cove. The overboard
disposal through hull for the holding tank is just aft of the holding tank.
I have never used the overboard disposal for the holding tank, and have
removed the pump for it. Coasties require that holding tank overboard
through hull  is closed with a zip tie. We were inspected for this closure
once in SF Bay and another time in Santa Barbara.

Don