[C38] Light fixture replacements

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jun 7 11:28:28 EDT 2019

I have been eclectic in replacing lights. Toward the bow, it is so hard
to replace old wires --- and new LED fixtures are so good and so cheap,
that I have gone with battery operated lights; non-marine are just as
good and much less expensive than "marine." The previous owner put in
some newer fixtures in which I have replaced the bulbs with LEDs. The
overhead fixtures in the Salon can be expensive, but other knockoffs are
pretty cheap and take LEDs. Discrete Charm is a 1980 C38, an old boat,
and it is what it is.
Don

On 6/7/19 8:14 AM, Pierre Patino wrote:
> Hello All
> I would like to replace every light fixture in the boat. They are the
> original ones and many of the shades are melted and yellow.  There are
> many many choices out there but I was wondering what your
> recommendations are.
> Thanks!

Donald R. Strong
Professor,