[C38] Best Autopilot

Larry Malmberg larrypi at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 23 15:51:15 EDT 2019

We upgraded to a new Raymarine wheel pilot and love it. Works great in all weather under sail and motor. We can also program a route into our chart plotter and have the auto pilot follow it. Of course, we NEVER trust it, it's ALWAYS monitored.

Larry Malmberg

909-208-1847The problem with most political jokes is, they get elected.

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 11:58 AM -0700, "Jay Sorensen" <jdsorensen7 at gmail.com> wrote:

G'Day All,
Well my old Simrad wheel pilot finally died.  It was fine in relatively smooth water but regularly alarmed when in any kind of decent swell.  What has the group used that works well for our beloved Catalina 38's.  A Raymarine wheel pilot? A below deck system with a ram?  A trip to the Channel Islands is planned for late September so I plan to install in Aug to have time to test.
Many Thanks!Jay SorensenC38 #311 Broad Reach San Diego, CA