[C38] Best Autopilot

Daniel Haughey djphawk at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 24 05:29:40 EDT 2019

A boat as big as the 38 and going off shore I'd say you want a below decks ram.  A new wheel pilot wod probably perform as your old simrad did.
Danny

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 2:50 PM, Jay Sorensen<jdsorensen7 at gmail.com> wrote:   G'Day All,
Well my old Simrad wheel pilot finally died.  It was fine in relatively smooth water but regularly alarmed when in any kind of decent swell.  What has the group used that works well for our beloved Catalina 38's.  A Raymarine wheel pilot? A below deck system with a ram?  A trip to the Channel Islands is planned for late September so I plan to install in Aug to have time to test.
Many Thanks!Jay SorensenC38 #311 Broad Reach San Diego, CA_______________________________________________
Listserve mailing list
Listserve at catalina38.org