[C38] Mysteri’s Cockpit Sole Etc.

Donald Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Mon Aug 12 05:35:45 EDT 2019

Reed: I had exactly the same problem with the pedestal on Discreet Charm. I
applied PB blaster to the nuts underneath. When they came free I backed
them off as far as they would go without coming off the screws. Then, LIft
the pedestal with shims. The placed butyl tape thickly around each screw.
Then tightened the screws hard. The pedestal no longer is loose and it no
longer leaks in the rain. The semi-rotten wood below the deck was
sufficient to hold tightly.
Regards, Don