[C38] Westerbeke 35B?

1derful at comcast.net 1derful at comcast.net
Sat Feb 8 20:58:54 EST 2020

Rebuild............our original engine is good for a very long time.

My story:  several years ago it kept overheating.......mechanic did lots of repairs......over heating required me to shut down engine and give towed in a couple of times.

Mechanics solution: new engine....$10 to 15 K.

I got lucky and discovered the overheating problem was leaking water heater.  I stopped water going to water heater and Blue Eyes doesn't over heat.  Funny that had I replaced engine it still would have over heated.

Yesterday I met Berkeley Marine Service owner Cree Partridge at small claims court.  I asked him to paint the topside side Navy Blue. Cost $10,000.  He painted it Royal Blue.  Through Warren Pandy (service manager at Catalina Yachts) we discovered that the paint company AwlGrip has their color chart wrong.  In chart Navy Blue is lighter than Royal Blue.  As you may know Navy is darker than Royal.  Partridge re-painted it Navy Blue but he charged me $5.000 to correct mistake.

I believe his problem is with AwlGrip.  Usually paint swatches aren't named royal or navy blue in fact the present color is Arista Blue.

Best regards,
Patrick

P.S. "Abandoned" is a sailing movie about a trimaran with 4 aboard that was lost at sea for 122 day.  Watch it and observe all the foolish mistakes they made