[C38] Replacing old Lewmar 48 jib/genoa winches-> recommendations

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jan 11 13:39:43 EST 2021

   Pierre: I replaced the original Lewmars with self tailing Lewmar 48s.
The holes are not the same. It is very difficult to reach the nuts on
the bolts beneath the originals so I cut a port to access them and the
bolts for the new winches. Regards, Don

On 1/11/21 9:55 AM, Pierre Patino wrote:

> Hello again
> I spent some time looking at all the old messages on this board (since
> 2005) and have not found this information:
>
> 1) By any chance, are the holes the same for either the new Lewmar
> 45ST or the Lemar 50ST winches?
> 2) Which one should I get? I don't have the specs for the old 48ST so
> I can't compare power/gear ratio etc.
> 3) Stay with Lewmar? (opinions of course)
>
> Thanks!

Donald R. Strong
Professor,
Department of Evolution and Ecology