[C38] Changing Portside Main Bulkhead

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 16:59:18 EST 2021

Chuck, et al,

My bulkhead is hanging on, but could be in better shape. While the aft
shroud chainplate is one cause, I've also learned that the deck joint
beneath the toe rail in that area leaked when heeled over. I've caulked the
entire underside of the port toe rail and that has helped substantially.

That said, the chainplate(s) are a perennial maintenance pain in the...
Typically I use 5200 (or one of the 3M products, 4000?) and I'm wondering
if anyone has an opinion about using GFlex?

Steve