[C38] [External] Blue Water Sailing

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Tue Mar 9 11:36:02 EST 2021

Instead of listening to a delivery captain get a rigger on board,  my rigger told me that most of the dismasting's he see are from rigs that sit with little use and then one day the owner remembers he has a boat and goes sailing.    I have my rig tuned every year by a rigger and I let him tell me the condition.   That said 15 years is old for standing rigging.    On the thru hull let the boat yard tell you if it is a problem.