[C38] V-Berth hatch from cruising concepts and gasket

Vassili Valayannopoulos vassilival.boston at gmail.com
Wed May 26 00:35:48 EDT 2021

Thank you Max and all for your insights. Max this looks like a black
rubber gasket that is 1" tall and 1/2" for the rounded portion. I saw
it on CD's website and they seem to recommend using this in boats that
have a groove in the deck flange surrounding the hatch.
The groove on my boat is pretty large to fit the gasket. My initial
plan was to place the gasket to tape the neoprene gasket on top of the
hatch opening and close the hatch on its sticky side so that it
creates a seal between the hatch and the elevated part of the opening.
How are you planning to use your rubber gasket? Also others who have
installed a rubber one what was the height of the gasket you used?
What seems clear from your responses is that I need at least an 1"
thickness to fill the side gap.

Thanks again for your help!
Vassili

Vassili Valayannopoulos