[C38] mast leaks lots into bilge

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Sun Dec 19 17:48:11 EST 2021

Larry: We've owned Discreet Charm for 20 years. Every winter it rains in
San Francisco, and the rain courses down the mast, which has a hole just
above the cabin sole. I drilled a hole through the floor, and the water
drains into the bilge. Once in 20 years, this year, we had a deluge that
overwhelmed my 2 house batteries with the result of 4 inches of water
above the sole. Plugged in the boat, and the bilge pumps emptied it in 5
minutes. Life is tough when your'e having fun.

Är du svensk?

Varma hälsningar, Don

On 12/19/21 11:49 AM, larrypi at earthlink.net wrote:

> My mast seems to have a small leak coming into the footing in the
> cabin.  There is of curse a kind of tray where it is tied in,  I have
> got to most of the tray and dried it out but to the port it’s a bit
> hard to get to.  Any suggestions?  Also, has anyone experienced a leak
> from inside the mast into the cabin as I have describer?  Any
> suggestions for this would be appreciated as well.  My very best to
> all for this Holiday Season!  Stay safe, care for your families and of
> course, on top of the water.
>
> Larry Malmberg
>
> 909 -208-1847I
>
> Kaffe är världens bästa dryck (Coffee is the best drink in the world)
>
> The problem with most political jokes is, they get elected.

Donald R. Strong
Professor,
Department of Evolution and Ecology
and