[C38] Heaving to

Pierre Patino pierre.patino at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 02:07:41 EDT 2022

And you get to use the genoa...(SF Bay is a reef-always area during the
season for me)

I've heaved-to (hoven-to?) many times in 20+ knots but only with the
regular jib at about 50%. She will make some headway but not too much.
Enough time to fix something or to have a quick lunch.
If the wind is 15 knots or less, I've heaved-to with the jib at 100%.
Again, some headway but not much. Now I'm curious to have the exact hull
speed...
In either case, I have the jib sheeted in as much as possible.