[C38] Transmission cable?

Charles@Finn.ws charles at finn.ws
Wed May 31 14:11:25 EDT 2023

Pierre,

My linkage had an adjustment option right before the shift lever on the
transmission.  Difficult place to get to unless you have already cut out
a bit of the wall in your port lazarette.   Plus you likely will have to
remove the water heater, which isn't too hard.
I fear you are looking at a transmission problem rather than a linkage
one, but I would first  tie my boat firmly to a dock and then go down
and shift the transmission by hand (after disconnecting the linkage).
Be very careful to avoid the prop shaft as it will surely start
spinning!   If you have a helper, then can accelerate the boat while you
are observing, but be careful!

The most common Hurth transmission problems have to do with the plates
in the transmission that wear, especially in forward.....

Good Luck!
Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn
Great Lakes