[C38] Transmission cable?

Pierre Patino pierre.patino at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 21:22:54 EDT 2024

Well after not having trouble since last year, the noise has returned.

We removed the old transmission fluid and put in fresh fluid. We tested the
cable's throw and we could see the shaft turning in both directions.
However, there's a loud groaning sound  when in forward. The sound is not
present in reverse. I'm enclosing a sound clip we've recorded. Could it be
the cutlass bearing? Any suggestions on how to continue troubleshooting?

Thanks for your support and regards