[C38] Transmission cable?

littlebreeze at comcast.net littlebreeze at comcast.net
Tue Jun 25 19:16:22 EDT 2024

Sorry Phil,

I don’t see an attached video.

Kerry

Loyalty above all else, except honor.

From: Philip Gay
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2024 6:03 PM
To: Catalina 38 Listserve
Subject: Re: [C38] Transmission cable?

I helped a friend haul his Catalina 320 and saw something I never expected...a broken prop strut.

On Mon, Jun 24, 2024, 3:33 PM Pierre Patino <pierre.patino at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All

I just got back having my boat towed (The Boatyard at the Grand Marina in Alameda CA ).
I was present when the boat was hauled so I was able to "shake"  the prop shaft so it seems it was the bearing. I'm including a movie clip which shows the sound the bearing made when I turned the prop by hand. Since I don't know what the appropriate sound is (if any) I'm not sure it's relevant. The boat's bottom is getting painted since it's already on the hard and then after the bearing is replaced we'll see if that was the issue.

Now to gather some money....