[C38] Universal 5424 Charging problems

Jim and Barbara williams at barbara-james.com
Mon Oct 10 07:47:31 EDT 2005

Brownings in Virginia Beach has a great reputation for fixing marine
generators and starters.  I think it cost less than $100 to get mine fixed.
They put in new bearings, diodes and painted it to look like new. I'll bet
that they would give you same-day service if you called to arrange it.  You
could drive down, drop off the alternator, take a harbor tour and/or tour
the battleship Wisconsin, pick up the alternator and zip back home.

I'm sure they could arrange shipping as well, but where's the fun in that?

Jim Williams
C38 #180
Checks in the Mail
Norfolk