[C38] Fuel tank

Max Soto maxsoto at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 15:10:57 EST 2005

Hi Kerry,

I cleaned mine last month. As John said, it is very easy you can take it out
in ten minutes (if it is empty). I took it out to seal a leak on the bottom.
I also made an inpection plug on the top of the tank to check the deepest
side for fuel level, just in case the sender fails. I cleaned the black
deposits with some diesel and one foot of a small chain inside. Move the
from side to side tank until it looks clean.  The degreaser and hot water
are a very good idea.  The inspection ports are alsoa very good idea.

Make sure that the return line and the breathing hose have separate
fittings. Some of the older C38's had both hoses on the same fitting,
causing continuos spills of fuel while filling the tank. If this is your
case, I recomend you to  install a separate fitting.

Hope this helps.

Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA
Puntarenas, Costa Rica