[C38] Fw: BoatU.S. Quotation - Application # 2578429

mark turner empty1 at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 28 04:03:57 EST 2006

Recently insured The Goose with boatUS- Their quote forwarded. They accepted the prepurchase survey done in june 2004. I also sent them yard bill to show that surveyor's recommendations had been carried out.
The Goose is 1981 boat.
Previously insured with mariners general via their Florida representative where I bought the boat. They charged about $1000 for slightly different coverage which covered up to 60 miles offshore and whole of US east coast. They didn't seem to be able to reduce the area of coverage to Chesapeake Bay only. Usual disclaimers about damage from named storms within the 'Hurricane' latitudes.Even so US insurance prices are a fraction of UK ones.In UK it would cost per month in pounds what you seem to be paying per year in dollars.I could not find a UK insurer to insure The Goose in USA as they were only interested in covering boats costing £60000 or above.