[C38] Alternator connection. Does it go to the battery switch?

Duff, Russ (R.W.) rduff at visteon.com
Wed Apr 12 13:17:34 EDT 2006

I am going to install a battery isolator (I know, it's not the best way to
go, but it's better than nothing) and I wanted to make sure I know where the
alternator wire is.  I have a 1981 model with no real upgrades that has the
original alternator and ammeter (I know BAD BAD BAD; use a voltmeter!  It's
on my list).  I just wanted to verify that the alternator wire is probably
connected to a separate post on the back of the battery switch (I will ohm
things to verify but wanted to get the correct starting point). Is this
correct?

I will then move this off of the switch and connect it directly to the
isolator in the battery compartment (no switch).   From what I have seen,
this is the correct solution.  Again, all comments are appreciated.  Thanks
again.

Sincerely,
Russ Duff
Catalina 38, Hull #112