[C38] I finally did it; the port Lazarette floor has been cut out!

Duff, Russ (R.W.) rduff at visteon.com
Tue Apr 18 15:09:55 EDT 2006

This was a very easy job, but a very scary one to start (something about
"holes" and "boats" just doesn't sit right with me).  This is probably one
of the best modifications I have made!  Talk about easy access to the motor,
hot water heater, water pump, etc.  Anyway, with the floor and inside wall
removed, I now have no problem accessing the underside of the cockpit sole
to rip out and replace all of the rotted wood.  With the amount of rotted
wood, this must have been leaking for quite a while (I bought the boat in
'03).   I have taken some pictures and I will scan and post them when
possible.  I will also try to track everything I do to repair it and take
pics as I go to post on the web site.  You all may want to check the
underside of your cockpit soles just to be sure you don't have rot also.

Sincerely,
Russ Duff
Catalina 38, Hull #112
"AVANTURA"