[C38] leaks (thru decking)

Marci Brown mbrown at wilbio.com
Mon Apr 24 22:08:00 EDT 2006

We've just purchased a beauty: Checks in the Mail! I fell in love with her 3
years ago @ the marina where I used to slip my Bristol 33 (sold 1 1/2 years
ago). Imagine my good fortune when I fell for one of the crew members and a
year later, we're the new owners of Checks!

Now it's time to isolate some of the leaks: a few of the chain plates, the
deadlights, a leaky spot underneath a newer fairlead track, and the boot
around the mast where it goes into the cabin.

I'm pretty concerned about the leak under the track--it oozes brown water
down into the quarter berth--a sure sign of balsa damage, I'd imagine. I
don't see any signs of delamination, however. I'm anticipating a lot of work
and/some expense in this repair.

Any recommendations?

Marci Brown
Co-Owner of C38