[C38] chain

RICHARD KILROY dickkilroy at verizon.net
Mon May 15 13:42:57 EDT 2006

charles: we had 5/16ht series 40 chain on dashaway strength is in the 3000 plus area and worked fine for 7 years in the carribean, but at the end of this past winter there was just too much rust on a lot of it so we discarded, am wondering how to replace now as the 5/16ht is $ 5.00 a ft down there. we had 125 ft and 150 ft of rode spliced to that. we also have a lofrens progress 1 windlass. it seems you can buy 8mm european chain for $ 2.00 from budget marine down there so i think thats what i'll do. good luck in whatever you decide

dick kilroy