[C38] Autopilots

Adams, Julian julian at umich.edu
Tue Jun 13 13:07:30 EDT 2006

The autopilot on my Catalina 38 finally died.  It was an old Nautech
(now Raymarine) ST 4000.  I was thinking of replacing it with a
Raymarine SI Wheel Pilot, which is the successor to the ST4000 Mk II.
One salesperson I talked to suggested that an under-the deck- linear
drive would be a better option.  Has anyone installed on of these, and
can give me some idea of how difficult it is?  I would appreciate on
wheel units to under the deck units.  (My Catalina 38 was built in
1982.)
Julian Adams

****
Julian Adams
Professor of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, and of
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Michigan
830 N. University, Ann Arbor MI 48109-1048
Tel. (734)-763-3431; Fax (734)-647-0884;  E-mail julian at umich.edu
****