[C38] Jib lead car positions

Bob Porter hiawatha at localnet.com
Mon Mar 27 15:26:42 EST 2006

Jib lead car positionsHi Russ;

Come join me in the Lake Erie Inter-club Cruise.  It is one of the greatest racing events on the Great Lakes.  Basically the Eastern end of the Lake - Five middle distance races, four port to port.

I set my leads based on the wind.  Before the start I go to weather and adjust the lead so all the telltales lift at the same time. Forward if the lowers lift first and vice versa.  Do this for each side as the wind frequently turns (shear) as you move higher off the water.  I really sheet the genoa in close (at least in rather flat seas) as Hiawatha loves to point.

Bob Porter