[C38] noise in mast

Charles Finn charles at finn.ws
Mon May 1 17:29:41 EDT 2006

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the pvc piping inside
the mast had broken loose.  All of wiring in the mast is sheathed in
plastic pipe that is riveted to the mast on the leading edge opposite
the mainsheet track.  This is why you never tear out your wiring when
pulling on the lines.  Replacing the pipe took my son and I about a day
with the mast lying on sawhorses.  I can do up the instructions if
anyone is thinking of doing this.

Charles Finn
Mighty Quinn  #114