[C38] re catalina 38 noise in mast

Rich West rw at idea-asylum.com
Tue May 2 12:41:17 EDT 2006

I had the PVC conduit come loose also.  I was able to rivet it back into
place without taking out the mast.  On my boat, there is one set of rivet
holes running up the mast and next to each rivet hole, there is another
small hole.  To re-secure the conduit, I put a hook shaped wire in the other
hole, pulled the conduit into place with the hook and put in a new rivet.
It took about an hour to replace all the rivets.

The other problem was that someone ran the wire for the radar out of the
conduit.  It was a lot of work to re-route that wire but it was all done
with the mast in place.

Rich West, Legacy, #360