[C38] re catalina 38 noise in mast

Charles Finn charles at finn.ws
Tue May 2 20:59:31 EDT 2006

Patrick,
I have posted the process for replacing the conduit tubing on our
website under Technical Tips.

Rich,
Both holes were riveted to the tubing on my mast and I did the same when
replacing the tubing.  I also found the tubing often was broken where
the rivet holes were drilled.  I bet it was a lot of work with the mast
in place!   Hopefully your bosun's chair is comfortable.
If anybody else out there has radar wiring outside the conduit, I would
suggest you consider protecting it from line chafe.  This is a perfect
place for electrolysis as the wire insulation wears.  If you cannot get
it into the conduit, I would suggest running a second, smaller conduit
adjacent to the original and riveting it in 3-4 places.

Just a thought,
Charles Finn
Mighty Quinn #114