[C38] winch bases

RICHARD KILROY dickkilroy at verizon.net
Tue May 30 15:57:31 EDT 2006

marci: yes you can purchace the largest size wincher available designed to fit 43 lewmars, ours are the next size up 48's. but you can force these on using two pieces of nylon webbing on the other primary and a secondary with 3 people  one on each winch and the third carefully watching his hands and guiding it on. the piece that is to fit over the top will have to stay under the top of the winch, but they still work fine. assuming 1/2 line you need 4 wraps on the strarboard and five on the port   good luck

dick