[C38] trying to sell her

Jim and Barbara williams at barbara-james.com
Fri Jun 16 09:19:00 EDT 2006

Patrick,

She looks like a great cruising boat.  I suspect that a lot of cruising
folks in your area are afraid of the draft.  The racers may not be
interested because they would need to spend about $20,000 more to get her to
the starting line.

I also think that there is a trend to design cruising boats to look good at
boat shows.  Some of the modern high-freeboard boats that carry their
maximum beam all the way to the transom, and in doing so totally miss the
point that it should be a sailboat first.  From my perspective the C38 is a
sheer delight to sail in anything but the lightest winds, and the fact that
she is roomy and comfortable below is just an added bonus.

By the way - the pictures make the salon table look small.  Is it big enough
to make the settee into a bed?

Jim Williams
previous owner
Norfolk, VA