[C38] Spinnaker trim, reaching strut? twings/barber hauler?

Bill King wcking1 at cox.net
Thu Jul 27 17:38:26 EDT 2006

Pam,

We do use a reaching strut anytime the pole goes more than 45degrees forward
of the beam.  It is just over 7' long and attaches to a padeye mounted on
the mast.  When horizontal it lays about a foot above the lifelines.  We
also rig a twinger on the spinnaker sheet.  It is just a small harken block
with a piece of line hanging down.  We attach it to the toerail.

Hope this helps some and if you need spare parts, my boat is for sale.
Just google Island Starr or Southern California Yacht Sales.

Bill King