[C38] Spinnaker trim, reaching strut? twings/barber hauler?

morris pam pam_morris20765 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 27 10:15:21 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I need some help on spinnaker trim and setup.     I
have lot's of experience racing a J30 which is an end
2 end jibe with single sheets and guys.

I have a catalina 38 hull 159 on the Chesapeake Bay. I
have just started racing her this year but I need some
help and suggestions on best placement for the leads,
foreguy, etc.

What I've noticed is on a closer spinnaker reach, The
guy is on the shrouds.     How do you racers set this
up?   I know some boats use a reaching strut which I
do not have.   I am familiar with twings/barber
hauler.   Any help is appreciated.    Thanks, Pam