[C38] Spinnaker trim, reaching strut? twings/barber hauler?

Jim and Barbara williams at barbara-james.com
Fri Jul 28 00:12:33 EDT 2006

Before Keith and Marci bought "Checks in the Mail",  when we sailed the
symmetrical spinnaker we put snatch blocks for the guys at the maximum beam
point, and snatch blocks for the sheets as far back as we could go and still
get a fair lead to the secondary winches.  This eliminated the need for
twings.  We were OK downwind, but got much better when we got an asym made
for her.  Unfortunately we were just learning how to handle the asym
(especially gybing) when we decided to sell her.  I'll bet that K&M will see
this, and will be able to provide an asym update within a year.

Jim Williams
Norfolk, VA