[C38] jib sheet wench

1derful at comcast.net 1derful at comcast.net
Sat Jul 29 12:29:32 EDT 2006

Thanks for your comment...I am fairly tall 6'3"...I need a gremlin to climb under the winch..........my screws seized............I continued turning and left part of the bolt in its hole...the reason I want to remove the "whole enchalada(sp?) is to allow me to tap a new whole from the underside
Thanks,
Patrick
P.S.  you are correct about it being the port side
From: eyriepg at comcast.net

Patrick,

Now that you have been sufficiently chastised for your spelling, I would like to commend you on your diligence in maintaining your boat.  I cleaned and lubed my "winches" a couple of years ago and had some difficulty removing the spindle from the base because the screws with Allen wrench heads had seized.  I don't think that it is necessary to actually remove the bases from the boat to adequately clean the winches though.

Since you mentioned the nut dropping into a locker, you must be talking about the port winch.  One should be able to climb into the port side locker and look up at the underside of the coaming and see where the winch is located.  That is where I installed the platform for my refrigerator compressor, but I still have good access to winch base.

Good luck.

Phil Gay
C38 049 Que Linda
Everett, WA

From: "Patrick Harpole" <1derful at comcast.net>

I tried to clean my jib sheet wench...  Lewmar 38....and in process detached one of the bolts that hold it to hull...I heard a "thunk" noise....the nut on the other end of bolt had fallen into never never land.....does anyone know how to access the underside of that cockpit wench so I can put the bolt back on...I can just about reach it through the lazerrete but no cigar.
Patrick

It has removed 643 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!