[C38] How to repair Lewmar 48 (or is it 38)?

Jim and Barbara williams at barbara-james.com
Tue Aug 8 11:02:27 EDT 2006

Very easy - we fixed ours during a race.  Just take the circle clip off the
top, take the little top plate off, and fiddle with it (unloaded) until the
metal button that the plastic button presses down on pops up. Reassemble
without the plastic button.  Next chance you get, remove the other side
before it breaks.  I guess that some of the Congressional Cup crews really
used third gear, but my crew of young, strong flatbellies thought it was a
waste of time.  We stuck with second and first, even when third was working
properly.

Jim Williams
(former owner of Checks in the Mail)

   _____