[C38] has anyone changed the stern seat?

Glen Robinson g.a.robinson at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 26 09:52:01 EDT 2006

Tom,
  For a while, we just tied the large West Marine ice chest with the snap-on cushion atop the seat.  Gave a great seat, & was super convenient for cool drinks.
  Later, preparing to cruise to Mexico, we located 2 horizontal LPG tanks on the seat, and covered them with a removable fiberglass/plywood bench, fitted with brackets for 2 removable swivel chairs (snap-in canvas covers the front and rear open areas surrounding the bench.  This is just the right height to allow us good visibility forward.  It absolutely kills the racy look of the original C-38, but was the perch of choice for both of us for over 3000 ocean miles and months of gunkholing in the Baja.  Even now, with several guests in the cockpit, it's still the best seat on the boat.
  Joann&glen
SNOWBIRD
  Lodi,CA
Charles Finn <charles at finn.ws> wrote:
  I am 6' 5" and my wife is 5' 10" so you would think the stern seat would
work for one of us, but it seems at least six inches too low for either
of us. Has anyone out there done something about this?
Charles Finn
Mighty Quinn #114