[C38] Someone might like this sail

Charles Finn charles at finn.ws
Mon Oct 2 18:09:56 EDT 2006

I ordered a 135% furling jib with forest green cover from the folks at
National Sail in  mid July.  When the sail arrived at their office in
Florida, it was not the sail I had ordered (I asked for additional
stitching and work in the corners as I want to do some long trips and we
have been having some 50+ knot winds on Lake Champlain of late).  The
last big race had one dis-masting and two MOBs.  The folks down at
National Sail immediately let me know about the error and offered to let
me use this sail while they had another built for me.  Talk about SERVICE!
My new sail arrived in Florida last week (my boat comes out of the water
for the winter next week), so I am sending the loaner sail back and they
are sending me the correct sail.  The owner of National Sail has told me
he is willing to take $400 - $500 off this sail if someone is
interested.  I can report it is an excellent sail.  I have put about 20
hours on it in winds that never exceeded 20 knots (it was not on for the
race). It has great shape and drafts wonderfully with my fully battened
main.  My old sail was a 160+% furler and this new sail actually gives
me at least a knot over the bigger one!

If you are interested, contact the folks at:  http://nationalsail.com/
and ask them about this option.  I highly recommend these folks and you
won't get a better price for a new sail.

Charles Finn
Mighty Quinn #114