[C38] beautiful boat.

mark turner empty1 at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 5 19:15:35 EST 2007

Hi Les. You probably didn't pick up from the text that accompanied the
pictures that she is my 'last' boat in the sense of the one I owned before
buying my C38 The Goose. She is an Elizabethan 31(see
http://www.eoa.org.uk/ ) - David Thomas's first commercial design, and a
very solid seaboat as well as very pretty. Her first owner sailed her from
Falmouth UK to the mouth of the Amazon single handed, non stop - 5000miles
in 50 days. Not bad for a boat weighing 8tons 3cwt dry with a 22ft
waterline.
We always felt very safe with her and often would be going out for a good
old romp when other modern lighter boats were running for harbour. It was
the same sort of qualities that attracted us to the C 38.
fair Winds.
Mark